Breaking Free: Ways to Let Go of Someone Who Keeps on Cheating and Hurting You5:19 PM
A lot of us have gone through a relationship with someone who betrayed, hurt, or fooled us, not just once but a lot of times. Though the obvious solution would be to end such a vicious cycle, some still choose to stay.
There are a number of reasons why they end up sacrificing their own self-worth and remain in a relationship that should've ended. Typically, they stay because they are scared to lose their love life and don’t want the time and emotions they invested to just go to waste. Meanwhile, some are still hoping that their partners will change someday.
If you are in an unhealthy of relationship, maybe it’s about time that you end it. Here’s what you need to know so you can start letting go and moving on today:
- If you tolerate your partner’s cheating and behavior, he or she will simply keep on doing it, thinking that you will forgive him or her anyway. Don’t get me wrong, though. I’m not saying that your partner can’t change. Of course, change is always a possibility for anyone. But have you ever thought that maybe your partner is still not ready for commitment that’s why he or she keeps on seeing others while with you? Why not end the relationship and give your partner time and space to learn and realize his or her mistakes? Who knows? Maybe your paths will meet again and you’ll be given a chance to start anew.
- See it as a wake-up call for you to focus on the important things you’ve neglected when your world began revolving in your relationship. It could be your family, studies, career, or even your own wellbeing and happiness. Remember that apart from your relationship, there are other important aspects of your life that you need to focus on.
When you rush love and simply focus on a significant other, there’s a huge chance that you’ll end up loving the wrong person and missing out on your other priorities. Having a love life does not equate to a fulfilled life. In order to find true happiness, you need to be secure in the more important aspects of life, so why not focus on these first? When you are finally stabled in these areas, it would be more suitable for you to enter in an intimate relationship.
- Love yourself above anybody else. Though it may sound cliché, did you know that learning to love yourself first is the key to having a good love life? If you value yourself, you will not allow anyone to mistreat you and you will be careful in choosing a person to love in the future.
- Don’t be upset about the time and emotions that you’ve put in a relationship that didn’t work. The smartest thing to do is to move on and reserve all the love you can give for that someone who truly deserves it.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late. Get out of that relationship before things get out of hand. Think about this. Would you want to build a family with someone who can’t stay committed to you? Are you willing to let go of your dreams and goals just to keep a person who can’t equally love you back? Can you really sacrifice your relationship with your family and friends for someone who keeps on hurting and neglecting you? Probably not.
Many have asked for my advice on matters of the heart, and most of them are in unhealthy relationships. That’s the reason why I was inspired to write this article. If you are in this situation, I hope that these tips were able to encourage you. Meanwhile if you know someone who is struggling in their relationship, feel free to share this post with them.