How to Gain Peace of Mind Amidst Challenges11:36 AM
In this blog, I will share some of the ways that can help you achieve peace of mind amidst all the challenges and trials that you’re facing today.
All of us have problems and issues to deal with. Some can endure the hardships, while others struggle more with these setbacks. Most believe that peace of mind will only come once all these problems are addressed and solved. However, we should accept the fact that trials are part of our lives. If we fail to accept this reality, we would have a hard time finding peace of mind.
Let me tell you that having peace of mind is possible despite all the hurdles that come your way. All it takes are several steps that you need to apply in your day-to-day life. If you know how to maintain your peace of mind, you will be more efficient in improving the quality of your life. Here are some helpful ways on how to do so:
- Clean and organize your space. A conducive and clutter-free environment leads to having peace of mind.
- According to some experts, gardening can help lessen stress. If you have a green thumb and loves taking care of plants, you can add gardening to your daily routine.
- Take a walk in a quiet neighborhood, park or any place that has a peaceful or calm atmosphere. It will not only give your peace, but it’s also good for your body.
- Let your creativity flow. You can paint, draw, or write poems. Expressing your creativity is a healthy way of having a sense of fulfillment.
- Learn how to forgive yourself and other people. Maybe this is easier said than done, but if you start to let go of the things that anger you or make you feel guilty, you will not only gain peace of mind, but also happiness in the long run.
- Instead of dwelling in the past, learn to enjoy every moment of your life. It’s normal to feel emotional if you had traumatic experiences in the past. Yes, it’s not hard to forget, but don’t let these hinder you from experiencing the best life in store for you.
- Focus on the positive qualities of the people around you instead of criticizing them for their flaws.
- Don’t react violently when people treat you rudely. Don’t give them the time of day. It will not do you anything good if you let them get into you.
- Let your loved ones know how important they are to you. Do simple things that can make them happy. In fact, saying, “I love you” can make a big difference.
- Ask forgiveness from the people you wronged. If they don’t accept your apology right away, that’s fine. What matters is you let them know that it wasn’t your intension to hurt them.
- Meditate. This is one way to be calm and have a clear mind. Through this, you can have the inspiration to live peacefully. I suggest you read this blog post so that you can learn simple ways to meditate and its health benefits.
- Use positive affirmations to fight negative voices inside of you. If you continue to cultivate positive thoughts, you will also continue to strengthen your willpower to improve the quality of life. It would be great if you write them in pieces of paper and place it strategically on places that you frequent such as your bedroom. You can see examples of positive affirmations you can use here: → How and Why to Use Positive Affirmations as a Stress Management Tool (stress.about.com)
- Talk to yourself as if you are made up of two people. Engage these two personalities in a conversation and let them debate with each other. The negative aspect of yourself will talk about things that distract you while the positive side will response in contradiction. Maybe you will think that this is somewhat a crazy idea, but did you know that experts say that this is a good way to face your issues?
- Don’t worry too much about the future. Instead of worrying, why not plan for the years ahead? Do this based on your current situation and make your plan as realistic as possible.
- Prayer is a foolproof way to break free from things that are holding us down. Ask God the guidance and strength you need in order to be at peace. I learned to practice this everyday, that’s why I experience inner peace on a daily basis. There are times when I slightly go out of track but it’s easy for me to get just right back because of prayers.
- Read books that will give your spiritual life a boost or will help you face challenges.
- Be compassionate and kind to the people around you, especially those who need it the most. Do volunteer work or give any form of help to a charity that you trust and believe in. Share your blessings without expecting anything in return. Do this as an act of thanksgiving to the God for all the blessings you receive.
Let us all remember that indulging in material things will not give us peace of mind. Just like happiness, being peaceful is for everyone. It’s all a matter of choice.